Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Simple Christmas Meal

Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas!  

Well this is my simple meal plan for today...Roast pork shoulder which has been marinating since last night - It's now in the oven... and for the first time, I've wrapped the roast in banana leaves!

Also, I found Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes in my local supermarket, and in this photo, the potatoes have been rinsed, dried, and tossed with olive oil, oregano, salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and some Mrs. Dash.  They're ready to go into the oven as well.  Later on, I'll be making some Asparagus with a lemon sauce!



1:25PM...
Potatoes are done!  Nice and brown on the outside, soft and creamy inside!


Meanwhile, I'm washing and trimming the asparagus, which will be poached, then dressed with a simple Lemon/Olive-Oil emulsion!

Taking a peek at the banana-leaf-wrapped pork roast, still in the oven!

2:20PM...
Everything came together swimmingly!  The pork came out so soft, it was falling apart!  Thanks Banana Leaves! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Eating!

Love, Gina and Shadow

2 comments:

  1. What a nice holiday dinner! Thank you for posting, Gina!

    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mike! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! Marinating the pork the night before, really made all the difference, as well as cooking it in the banana leaves!

    ReplyDelete