Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Munching...

Hi Everyone!  I'm wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!  May you go into 2013 with an open heart and an open mind!

So, I'm putting together a few things for my guests and I to munch on throughout the evening...and like my favorite Chef, Ina Garten's show, "Barefoot Contessa", I'll talk about dessert first!

I made dark-chocolate-dipped strawberries, which I then dipped in confetti-colored sprinkles!  They're in the fridge right now getting nice and cold!



The tops of the strawberries were a bit white, but who cares!
The best part of them are with the chocolate and sprinkles!


I also made Pigs in a Blankie!  I used the "reduced fat" Hebrew National hot dogs and Pilsbury Crescent Dough.
Each hot dog was cut into 3 pieces.

Each pig was wrapped in blanket and ready to go into oven.
Yum!  They came out awesome!  Woof, Woof!
Next up, I threw together a simple Shrimp Scampi...
Shrimp, peeled and cleaned, fresh parsley, garlic...
Nothing better than a pan of shrimp simmering in garlic,
butter, lemon and parsley!  Yum!
Served over rice or pasta!

Ciao!  See you all in 2013!
Gina D.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! with a capital Y! You're all set for a fantastic New Years' party!
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything came out great, thanks Mike! Wishing you a super 2013!

      Delete