Sunday, January 20, 2013

Healthy and Easy Black Bean Salad

Today I made this very easy and healthy Black Bean Salad for lunch!



You can add an organic egg on the side, for some extra protein and nutrients if you like...here's how I made the salad by tossing all the following ingredients together...

1 can Goya Black Beans (Low-Sodium), which I rinsed and drained;
1/2 Red Bell Pepper;
2 Scallions;
1 Roma Tomato;
Cilantro, chopped up;
Freshly-ground Black Pepper;
Just a dash of my fav low-fat Italian Dressing.

After everything was mixed together, I let it sit in the fridge for about one hour covered in plastic wrap, so that all the flavors could meld together nicely!  

It came out yummy!

Healthy and Delicious!
  



2 comments:

  1. Yummy and healthy, Gina! The ingredients are not hard to obtain either during the inclimate winter weather! The eggs -- especially the yolks provide a good amount of vitamin D too!
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the recipe, Mike...thanks for reading! You're right, I basically had everything on hand and didn't have to go out to get anything!

    ReplyDelete