Friday, January 25, 2013

What's For Din Din Tonight

Happy Friday Night, All!

I made some Steak Pizzaiola tonight, which is basically thinly-sliced beef sauteed and simmered in peppers and tomato sauce...Yum!  I also made Birds Eye frozen "Asparagus Stir-Fry".

I made the Steak Pizzaiola by first sauteing some chopped garlic in olive oil.  When the garlic was sizzling nicely, but not brown, I added the thinly sliced beef to the pan.  I then seasoned the beef with freshly-ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and just a dash of salt.  

When the slices of beef were slightly browned on both sides, I added some parsley, 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced and 1/2 Vidalia onion, also sliced, on top.  Then I covered the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes.

Then I transferred everything to an oven pan, spooned some tomato sauce on top, and let it cook some more in a 400 degree oven, for about another 15 minutes! 

The flavors really meld together beautifully in the "oven" step, and the beef and peppers get soft and yummy!


Steak Pizzaiola and side of Roast Potatoes
As I mentioned, I took some help tonight from Birds Eye brand Asparagus Stir-fry, which has not only asparagus in it, but also string beans, cauliflower, carrots, and even pasta! I prepared as per the package directions, BUT personalized it by adding a dash of Sesame Oil and Teriyaki Sauce!  



Ahhh, the best of both food worlds...Italian, and some Asian flavors going on in the Veggie Stir-Fry!  It doesn't get better than this!

Please feel free to share a recipe with me, or if you try one of mine, let me know how it turned out.  

Ciao,  再见

Gina D.



No comments:

Post a Comment