Monday, March 4, 2013

Baked Ziti with Zucchini

This is a great dish to make for "Meatless Monday", or any day of the week!


Yummy, cheesy Ziti with Zucchini!

This was fairly easy to make.  To make the sauce, I first sauteed finely chopped garlic in olive oil, until  very lightly browned, then added my favorite organic tomato sauce and the sliced Zucchini pieces.  I let the sauce and Zucchini simmer until the Zucchini was almost all the way cooked.  (During this time, the Ziti was boiling away in a different pot).

I then added the cooked Ziti to the sauce and let everything simmer together for another 5 or so minutes. 

I poured the Ziti and Zucchini with sauce mixture into an aluminum pan, and mixed in diced mozzarella cheese (part-skim), some fresh-cut basil, and then sprinkled some grated mozzarella cheese over the top.

Everything combined, right before it went
into the oven

To meld all the flavors together and get the cheese gooey and melted, I put it into a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

It came out really delicious!  
I hope you give this no-meat-dish a try...for Meatless Monday, or any day of the week!

Enjoy,
Ciao,
Gina D.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of ziti! Your meals always look so good and makes my mouth water! Great post!
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete