Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm Having Breakfast for Dinner - and Why You Should Too!

One thing I learned a few years ago was never to eat dinner past 7:00 P.M.  This helped me both maintain my weight, and avoid any bad Acid Reflux episodes from occurring when I'm in bed and trying to sleep.

This doesn't, however, mean that I can eat whatever I want up until 6:59!  LOL...on the contrary.  I like to eat dinner well before 7:00 P.M., and recently, I've found that eating some items of Breakfast for Dinner- makes sense!  

Please read:
http://lecom.edu/healthynews.php/the-benefits-of-eating-breakfast-at-dinner/76/0/2818/16625

These are some of the "traditionally breakfast" foods, that I've had for dinner..

Oatmeal with banana,
Cheerios with strawberries and soy milk,
Cottage cheese with fresh fruit,
Soft-boiled egg on whole wheat toast, or
Yogurt with granola.

Of course, I avoid items such as bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, etc. because that would defeat the whole purpose of eating Breakfast for Dinner!

So tonight, I made a small Egg-white Omelette with potatoes, red bell pepper and some thinly sliced Cabot's 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese...It was yummy!

I hope YOU give eating Breakfast for Dinner a try too!

Ciao and Happy Eating!









Gina D.

No comments:

Post a Comment