Friday, March 15, 2013

What's For Din Din

Shake -n- Bake Chicken Thighs (with my own twist), and Orzo Pasta with Baby Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese!



The Orzo Pasta came out really yummy!  While the Orzo was cooking, I sauteed some minced garlic in olive oil and then added the baby spinach and cherry tomatoes.  I sauteed these ingredients along with a dash of red pepper flakes, freshly ground black pepper, and some oregano.  I didn't want to over-cook these ingredients...only until the spinach was slightly wilted and the tomatoes began to soften! 

Then I drained the Orzo and added it to the cooked ingredients.  After all the ingredients were in the serving bowl, that's when I added the cubed-up feta cheese and stirred the feta into the hot Orzo...the feta cheese melted slightly.  Yum!

I can imagine serving this dish in the summer-time also!  Maybe slightly chilled, alone, or with some grilled chicken or fish.




My Shake -n- Bake Chicken Thighs also turned out quite delicious...and juicy!

I used skinless chicken thighs (and a couple of drum sticks), and breaded them with regular Shake -n- Bake (for chicken).  Towards the end of the cooking process, I added my own twist by pouring over the thighs, my own mixture of:  lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, and melted Smart Balance "butter".  I let the chicken finish cooking. 

The chicken turned out really yummy!  Lemony and Juicy!  To quote my son, Angelo, the chicken was "Bangin" and "Nice and Lemony".  LOL!

Hope you enjoyed this post!  

Ciao for now, and happy eating!

Gina D.





2 comments:

  1. Gina, this is so healthy! You really know your cooking and nutrition! Thank you for posting! By the way, the lemon really does put a zing in the flavor!
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Mike! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! I love lemon and put it on a lot of things...lol GD

    ReplyDelete