Friday, July 27, 2012

Salmon Patties with Asian Cucumber Salad

You know when you cook something, and when you taste it, it's so good that you say..."damn!" in your head?  Well that's what I said tonight with these salmon patties! LOL  Here's how I made them...as usual, add or subtract any ingredient if you wish, and make them YOUR way.  
Diced red bell pepper, cilantro, diced Vidalia onion, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, Mrs. Dash
I tried other brands of canned salmon, but I like Rubinsteins Red Salmon the best.  It's wild Alaskan salmon.  So after you open the can, drain out the liquid.  Put the salmon plus all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.  I also added some bread crumbs and some egg white because that's what binds everything together.  Mix everything together.  I use my best kitchen tools...my hands.
For a perfectly shaped patty, place a piece of plastic wrap on top of any appropriately-sized lid (inside of lid), as shown above.  Press the patty mixture into it, on top of the plastic wrap.  Then just lift up the plastic wrap slightly and remove the patty.  Leave the plastic wrap in place for the next patty.
Pan-fry until brown and crispy on both sides.  I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Plate them up and Enjoy!  


I made the Asian Cucumber Salad with sliced cucumbers, a bit of red bell pepper, grated ginger, grated garlic, salt, fresh-ground black pepper, hot red pepper flakes, a splash of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of sesame oil.  I covered it and let it sit in the fridge for about an hour so all the flavors could develop.  It's a nice, crispy and tasty salad for summer.
Feel free to post any questions or comments.  Happy Eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment