Monday, July 9, 2012

Die, Grain of Rice, Die

I woke up this morning, and as usual, went to the kitchen.  First to feed Shadow, then to make myself a hot tea with soy milk.  


As I set my cup on the table I noticed this tiny piece of rice.  Now I never go to bed without first making sure the night's dishes are washed and the table is clean...so this little piece of rice really got me mad.  I know it shouldn't have, but it did.  I picked it up with a napkin, smashed it, and threw it away.
Is this a light form of OCD?  Is there such thing as a "light form" of OCD?  LOL, I don't know, but I'm sure I'll google it  in the near future.


I always dunk my tea bag 7 times in and out of the hot water (after 2 minutes of steeping).  Before pouring in the soy milk, I shake the container 13 times.


Also, it takes me 20 minutes to brush my teeth.  Preliminary brush, rinse, floss, mouthwash, secondary brush, brush gums and tongue, rinse, mouthwash, rinse.
When I was around 6 years old (before the fire of 1971), if I couldn't get my pony-tail to look perfectly the way I wanted it, I would pull my own hair and cry in frustration.


I'm trying to think of what other things I do which would be considered part of OCD, but I have to go wash the dishes.  


And anyway, 7 dunks makes for a nicely flavored cup of tea, and 13 shakes of the soy milk container makes the soy milk smoothly blended.  As for the teeth, well, I have zero cavities, I've never had a filling, and I don't know what a toothache is.  
For now, I think my "OCD" will be o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment