Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gina's Ginger - Snap Pea Stir-Fry

Gina's Ginger - Snap Pea Stir-Fry

I wasn't in the mood for meat today, and my market had some really nice looking snap peas, so there you go.  I lucked out because I had all the other ingredients at home.  Below is what I used (clockwise, from top)... red bell pepper, green bell pepper, carrot, garlic, ginger, scallion (middle).
I had to remove the end thingy's from the snap peas because they are kinda pointy and inedible...then I rinsed them. 
Get washed little snap peas...lol
I heated up just a little olive oil (yes, I use olive oil even in Asian recipes...my kitchen, my rules, lol).  I sauteed the ginger and the garlic first until they were jumping around and scented up my kitchen...mmmmm.  I used really a lot of ginger because I love it.  Ginger is really good for us too.  Has amazing healing properties.  I also added some red pepper flakes for some heat.


After that, it's basically everyone in the pool.  I added the red bell, green bell and carrot.  Leave the scallion for the end.
Some low-sodium chicken broth went in to provide a steaming environment, along with just a bit of soy sauce.  Cover and simmer over low heat for around 5 or 6 minutes.


At the very end, I added the scallion and a spoon of sesame oil.  I kept the lid off for another minute or two to allow the liquid to reduce down.  I served with white rice, but of course, it's always up to you.  Your kitchen, your rules.  : ) 


Enjoy!


Anyone interested in being a guest author to submit a recipe or any other interesting or funny written piece, please just e-mail me.  Thanks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment