Thursday, August 2, 2012

20 Minute Quickie with Paul Newman

I made a quick-cook (20 minutes or so) Chicken Alfredo tonight, with a little help from Paul Newman's Alfredo Sauce. The sauce is far from low-fat or low-sodium, but it's delicious and all net proceeds from the sales of Paul Newman's products go to charities in the United States and abroad.
Above are the ingredients I used.  I marinated chicken breasts in olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh-ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes for about 15 minutes.  In the meantime, I boiled the fettuccine.


I sauteed the marinated chicken breasts in olive oil (yes, more olive oil! lol), until nicely light brown on both sides. 
sauteed until brown
Then I added the Alfredo Sauce which I thinned out just a little bit with some warm water, and I also added fresh parsley.  I let the chicken simmer in the sauce for about 8 minutes, low heat.


After that, I just combined the cooked fettuccine with the chicken and sauce and plated it up!  I like to add grated Parmesan cheese on top.  Serve with a side salad and a warm, crusty piece of Italian bread...Yum.  


I swear...I do sometimes buy a chunk of the "real" Parmesan and grate it over pasta, but not tonight!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment