Saturday, August 25, 2012

Persian Cucumber Salad

Today, the Sunnyside Farmers Market had some really fresh-looking Persian Cucumbers.  I've had them before so I knew them to be really crispy, mild-tasting, seedless, and delicious!  The only thing is that they go bad really quickly, so I decided to slice them up and use them right away when I got home.

I washed, dried, and sliced the cucumbers - (no need to peel because skin is delicate and completely edible).  I put the sliced cucumbers in a container and added some salt, half a red bell pepper, cut up, and one grated-up garlic clove...
For the dressing, I simply blended together olive oil and apple cider vinegar, poured it on top, and mixed everything together.

This cucumber salad really tastes good when left to sit over-night in the fridge.  But I'm already eating it after an hour or so in the fridge.  Very good!  
Let's make the most out of the remaining days of "Summer Eating"  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great salad, Gina! Just the right amount of alkalinity for a healthy body! --Mike

    ReplyDelete