Monday, August 13, 2012

Visited With MaryJane Today

MaryJane at the Rehab Center
I went to see my friend, MaryJane today at the Rehab Center in Flushing, NY, where she has been for about one month now. 

Although she looks good, she still doesn't have her appetite back after her surgery (please see post of June 22, 2012 for the background story, entitled... Taking The Train To MaryJane... http://positivelygina.blogspot.com/2012/06/taking-train-to-maryjane.html

She seemed a little depressed today also.  She wants to go home, but I think she's a little delusional about it.  She says if she could only go home and cook her own food and "take a nap", she'd be o.k.  I don't think so because she's in a wheelchair and can hardly stand, much less walk around and cook.

We sat outside on the patio and chatted and laughed a bit.  The nurses brought her lunch to her outside, but she didn't want any of it.  We talked about what food she would like if she had a choice.  It was agreed that a nice gooey macaroni and cheese was in order, so I'll make some and bring it to her on my next visit.

It's sad to see someone you care about go downhill, when you remember them as vibrant and full of life.  And I know all about it because I had to watch my grandmother (who raised me) go downhill and pass away when I was in my twenties, and also my brother, who passed away at age 33.  Definitely NOT easy.

I still have hope that she'll go further in her recovery and go home.
GOOEY MAC AND CHEESE...YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment