Friday, August 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pot Stickers - Great Super Bowl Snack!

BUFFALO CHICKEN POT STICKERS (DUMPLINGS)
As I was posting on my Facebook page this morning...sometimes recipes pop into my head while lying awake in bed at night...lol.  So it popped into my brain to make dumplings (pot stickers) filled with Buffalo Chicken, and dipped into a Blue Cheese dressing.

Out of curiosity, I looked on-line to see if there indeed was such a recipe.  There were many!  But I swear, I made these only from my head, and because I've made Asian Pot Stickers several times in the past, I guess I was thinking of different fillings.

I used an already-cooked rotisserie chicken from my supermarket.
  
Below is the filling mixture of minced up chicken (breast) which I sauteed with a little butter-substitute (I use Smart Balance Low Sodium), scallion, green bell pepper, and Buffalo Hot Sauce.  It's very important to let the filling COOL down before attempting to fill the dumpling wrappers.
Have a small cup of water nearby when making the dumplings because you need to dip a finger in the water and wet all around the edges of the dumpling before filling and closing them.  Below I'm holding the dumpling wrapper which I already filled, and I moistened all around the edge with water.  This may seem very time-consuming, but once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty fast.
After the dumplings are closed up, be sure to crimp the edges all around with a fork, so they don't open up while sauteing.
I pan-fried the dumplings in a little olive oil until brown and crispy on both sides.  Because the filling of these are already cooked, you do not need to add water to the pan and let the dumplings steam, which is usually done with Asian Dumplings to ensure that the filling (which is raw), is cooked thoroughly.

I tried the Blue Cheese dressing dipping sauce, but it over-powered the dumplings, so I ate them naked... : )
Hope you try and enjoy these.  Feel free to comment on this recipe, or if you come up with a different filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment