Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Day At The High Line

I took a couple of trains over to the High Line today.  I enjoyed hearing about the history of the High Line on t.v. a couple of weeks ago, so I had to go check it out.  

It was really fun and interesting to view parts of the west side of the City from an elevated viewpoint.  I also enjoyed the abundance of plantings that beautified both sides of the paths.

Below are a few more photos I took...
A BEE ENJOYING SOME TIME ON FLOWERS
THE HIGH LINE PLANTS & THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
IN THE BACKGROUND

TRACKS PARTIALLY HIDDEN BY FOLIAGE
LOOKING FROM 10TH AVE TOWARDS 11TH
ARTISTS WRITING NAMES IN CHINESE
I was totally tired by the time I returned back home, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time, Gina! Those are nice photos!
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! I would have taken more, but my cellphone ran out of memory...lol

    ReplyDelete