Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Amazing Foliage Arch

A painting of a Foliage Arch, similar to the one in my dream!

I had an amazing, realistic-feeling dream one night, not too long ago, and I wanted to share it with everyone!

I keep a pen and a small writing pad near my bed for jotting down dream details.  Since the vivid details of dreams soon begin to fade after awakening, I like to jot down the details if I awaken from the dream, or as soon as I wake up in the morning.  I find it fun and interesting to look back on dream details.

One of the most common themes in my dreams is of roaming around the city in Manhattan.  Most of the time, I'm roaming and walking at a fast pace - sometimes running.  Usually in the dreams, I am either lost, or trying to get to a certain place and not very sure of how to get there.  The dream's "feeling" is high-energy mixed with urgency.  I usually have super abilities, too...like running at lightning speed without feeling out of breath, flying, or jumping high into the sky.

So, in this dream, I was running, then came to a stop in front of a giant arch made of brick that was covered, inside and outside with all sorts of foliage.  It soared maybe 50 feet or more up into the sky.  I took a step forward, and inside the arch was an amazing forest.  All kinds of plants, vines and trees covered the inside walls and ceiling of the arch and it was active with life, moving and humming.

I took a couple of steps into this tunnel-like forest and I had no shoes on.  The floor bed of the forest was also "alive" and as I stepped inside, plants, vines, and even small moving animals crawled onto my feet and ankles and it felt soft against my skin, like velvet.  I wasn't feeling afraid, just calm.

I began bending my knees and sinking down into the living greenery, as if I were becoming one with it.  As I sunk more and more down into it, a feeling of peace washed over me.  I allowed myself to become one with the living plants and creatures that lived in the arch.  It was an amazing feeling!  

Then, while driving to work a few days after that, I noticed an arch that I always drive by, located in Astoria, Queens, that looked kind of similar to the arch in my dream...not as fantastic or magical, of course!  I parked the car and took a few photos of this arch...


"And people who don’t dream, who don’t have any kind of imaginative life, they must… they must go nuts. I can’t imagine that.” 
― Stephen King

2 comments:

  1. Your dreams are so vivid! I must start writing the details to my dreams.

    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my posts Mike! It would be awesome to start a little dream journal, I think!

    ReplyDelete