Friday, November 9, 2012

Letters, etc., From MaryJane #2

Every evening, for the remainder of the month of November, my posts will be dedicated to the memory of my dear friend, MaryJane, who recently passed away.  I will be posting an assorted combination of excerpts of letters she wrote to me, anecdotes, and funny stories.

If you haven't already read..."Taking The Train To MaryJane", and "Visited With MaryJane Today", here are the links to do so:

http://positivelygina.blogspot.com/2012/06/taking-train-to-maryjane.html

http://positivelygina.blogspot.com/2012/08/visited-with-maryjane-today.html


"I have finished a poem I have been working on.

I fell down with a pail of water while I was cleaning the fish tank.  I said, God do what you want to me but please keep my fish safe.  Result of the mishap...one smashed toe and two arms black and blue.  A bump on the back of my head.  Worth every bruise because my fish are safe.  I still haven't told Gide about the demise of Fruna.  Fern said to me, what is the matter with you?  You kill all your fish.

No.  I still have the two greatest fish in the world.  Wynken and little Nemo.

Barbara leaves on the twenty fifth and has asked me to feed her cats.

You are the greatest.  You don't swear.  You don't write poisoned pen letters.  You are entertaining.  You are good looking.  You are gentle with your friends.  You are one of Saint Francis of Assisi's good assistants.  And, mother of God, you live next door to me. *
Love,     MJ
*That's called a Blessing!"



***Excerpt from a letter from MaryJane written to me, dated 8/13/09.  Pretty much self-explanatory.  MaryJane tried to maintain a 10-gallon fish tank, but I think it was getting to be too much for her.  She loved those Gold Fish though...Fruna, Wynken, and Nemo.  Gide, Fern and Barbara are all neighbors of MaryJane.  I really miss these letters from MaryJane that she would slip under my door!***

No comments:

Post a Comment