Friday, November 16, 2012

Letters, etc., From MaryJane #7

For the remainder of the month of November, my posts will be dedicated to the memory of my dear friend, MaryJane, who recently passed away.  I will be posting an assorted combination of excerpts of letters she wrote to me, anecdotes, and funny stories.

If you haven't already read..."Taking The Train To MaryJane", and "Visited With MaryJane Today", here are the links to do so:

http://positivelygina.blogspot.com/2012/06/taking-train-to-maryjane.html

http://positivelygina.blogspot.com/2012/08/visited-with-maryjane-today.html




Sitting on a park bench with MaryJane, one gorgeous summer day several years ago, I noticed and admired a lady-bug ring she was wearing.  I thought it was very cute and told her so!

Now, this wasn't any kind of precious metal, or expensive ring of any kind, just three little lady-bugs sitting on the ring.  A red one, a blue one, and a yellow one!

About one week later, there was a small plastic bag hanging on the doorknob of my apartment door.  There inside the bag was my very own lady-bug ring which MaryJane had ordered for me just because I liked hers so much!



MaryJane Shields

2 comments: